Using Pandemic Tools
Table of Contents
The details about usage and behavior of Pandemic Tools.
Personal test result delivery and vaccination records.
- Unless you self-report, test results and vaccination records are transmitted directly from your testing or vaccination provider.
- The check for new test results or vaccination records is done on login and when you visit one of the My Tests or My Vaccinations pages.
- If you are waiting for test results or vaccination records, visit My Tests or My Vaccinations and reload the page.
Verify or display your status for others.
- Select My Status from the main menubar.
- The QR code color shows your status. See the legend at bottom.
- Without pressing Verify, your color is based on your current Pandemic Settings.
- Press Verify or click the image to reload the page and show your color based on the default Pandemic Settings.
- Click the QR image again to see the test or vaccination that your current status is based on.
- See "Days Ago" after clicking the image as a gauge if you don't like the default Pandemic Settings.
- Test results or vaccinations received directly from your testing provider are normally considered sufficient for legal reliance.
- Colors are slightly different for self-reported test results. See the Legend for details.
- Surveys are anonymous. Results are never tabulated to include personally identifiable information.
- Enjoy your forum to aid public health research to help find a treatment and cure.
- Update your survey with changes in your condition or treatment.
Anonymous online contact tracing.
- Select TraceMe from the main menubar
- The dates listed are based on the period of possible infectiousness looking back from the specimen collection date.
- For each date, create a diary of your close contact places and people. Stop and resume at your convenience.
- TraceMe will try to warn each close contact using the contact data you provide.
- Always include an email address if known. Otherwise, include all the information requested that you are aware of.
- Names and contact data are auto-deleted when the period of possible infectiousness has passed.
- Close contact names and contact data, like all other account data, is strictly confidential. However, permission for close contact follow-ups given to your testing provider or public health can override your privacy preferences selected in your Profile.
- Select Warnings on the main menubar to check the status of your warning attempts or update their information.
TraceMe requires a positive viral test result. Self-reported test results require the PPT-ETS Subscription from your Profile.
TrackMe records your location and issues virus proximity warnings (Regional data coverage limitations may apply).
- Tracking starts automatically after Sign Up.
- To turn off tracking, press the TrackMe button on the banner so the plus symbol displays and not a check mark.
- To turn on tracking, press the TrackMe Button on the banner so the check mark displays next to it.
- To save your current location, turn tracking off then on again.
- To check your tracking data, select TrackMe on the main menu bar.
- Use the WhereIsIt? Risk Locater to check data coverage in your area. Do a search and see coverage details at bottom.
Check for the presence of the virus in your area (Regional cata coverage limitations may apply).
- Search test results, contact tracing data, and tracking data
- Results are narrowed to viable threats based on the default Pandemic Settings.
- See details about data coverage at the bottom of search results.
- Caution: The virus may not be there today, but it can be tomorrow.
- Check the status of your anonymous warnings.
- Update the contact information of your close contacts.
- Review your close contact list to see if you forgot someone.
Extended Tools Subscription
- Enable anonymous online contact tracing (TraceMe) for your self-reported test results.
- Get better results with your warnings by adding SMS to notification methods.
- Give your testing provider or public health agency permission to follow-up on your close contact warnings.
- Express interest in guidance and resource.
Rate This Content
Content answered your questions?