Signup and Getting Started for Patients
Table Of Contents
Use the step by step instructions below to get started with your Pandemic Tools. Anonymous online contact tracing, status verification, virus locater, and proximity warnings is offered.
- Visit publicpandemictools.com and click Signup. The link will be on the main menubar.
- Select the Region where you are located.
- Select your Time Zone. Dates and times are adjusted while you are logged in.
- Type your Password. Type your password again in the Confirm box.
Note: We do not have access to your password. If it's forgotten, you will have to reset and change it.
- Under Sign Up As, select Patient.
- Check your email address for the verification link. Type the verification code included in the email into the Verify web page. Your account is now created.
- Testing Providers.After verifying your email, the Profile page is displayed. Select your testing provider.
If you have a PIN from your testing provider:
- Click My Testing Providers at the top of the Profile page.
- Press Select My Testing Provider
- Select the Region where your testing provider is located.
- When the page reloads, select your Testing Provider, enter your PIN, and Save.
- Scroll to the top of the Profile page and click Update My Profile.
- Press Update My Profile.
- Guidance and Resources.Select your interest in guidance resources for each topic. If you're not interested, relevant links will not display with test results.
- Privacy Preferences. Select your privacy options. Note that if you have already given permissions in your testing provider agreement, the selections will have no effect.
- Contact Info. Scroll down and enter your cell phone number to be used for proximity warnings, if any.
- More info. Additional personal info is optional but city, postal code, and county may improve some features.
- Support PIN. Type a support PIN customer service can use to verify your identity.
- Pandemic Settings (Optional). Select Settings from the main menubar.
The defaults are bias toward ensuring individual safety over pandemic suppression. Default settings are always used for features that effect others. Make the selections you find most helpful.
- Make your selections and Save.
Test results and vaccinations from your testing provider are now available. Select Tests or Vaccinations on the main menubar to view or self-report. Note: Online contact tracing is subject to a small fee for self-reported test results.
- Survey. Help discover better treatments and a cure. Select Survey on the main menubar.
Extended Tools Subscription (ETS) enables online contact tracing for self-reported test results and adds SMS to the notification methods used for contact tracing. Add anonymous contact tracing to your home test kit.
- Select Profile from the main menubar.
- Select Extended Tools Subscription.
- Press Subscribe.
- Read and Accept the Subscription Agreement.
- Select a payment option and complete the dialog.
When done, you will be transferred to your Profile. Refresh the page to update subscription status. Processing usually completes within a few moments.
To get started with features, see Getting Started With Pandemic Tools below.