Account Sign Up Instructions for Providers
Table Of Contents
The instructions below include step by step guidance on how to Sign Up for your PPT Provider account. Instructions on transmitting HL7 data are presented separately in the PPT HL7 Guide. See Related Links below.
- Visit publicpandemictools.com and click Sign Up. The link will be on the main menubar.
- Select the Region where you are located.
- Select your Time Zone. Dates and times are adjusted accordingly while you are logged in.
- Type the Email address of the authorized contact. The email address is also the account user name and must be unique in your region. Prefer an email address at your organization's Internet domain name.
- Type your Password. Type your password again in the Confirm box.
Note: We do not have access to your password. If it's forgotten, you will have to reset and change it.
- Under Sign Up As, select Testing Provider.
- Type your organization name and address. The information is used to verify you are a bona-fide testing provider and, like all personally identifiable account data, is not disclosed to third parties without your consent. We will not use it to contact you unless needed to complete a request by you or for identity verification.
- Check your email address for the verification link. Type the verification code included in the email into the web page and Verify. Your account is now created.
- Data Reporting Setup. After your account is created, you will be directed to Data Reporting Setup. Follow the instructions on the page and see the PPT HL7 Guide (link at bottom) for detailed instructions on modifying your workflow and the necessary transforms.
- Guidance and Resource Links. Select Guidance on the menu banner. Type the resource and guidance links to appear with test results for each topic. If you don't have links, they are taken from the public health account for your region if available. Otherwise, default links will be used or no links will appear with test results.
- Authorized User Contact. Select Profile on the menu banner. Scroll down to the Update button and click. Type the authorized user contact name, phone, and email address. The information is private and used only to maintain the service.
- Support PIN. Type a Support PIN that can be used to authenticate with technical support if needed.
- Patient Permissions. Select weather your testing provider or health care services agreement with the patient includes the associated permission.
- Organization Branding (Optional). Select a subdomain abbreviation and configure the banner to preserve the look and feel of your organization. Use the link for online contact tracing (XXX.publicpandemictools.com) in your HTML assets or written publications. Warning! Poor configuration will diminish user experience and trust.
- Save. Scroll down to the save button and Save.
Free services are now configured. If your HL7 is setup, PPT is working and no further action is required. Patients may be referred for test result pickup, resources, and online contact tracing.
First configure for free services then continue here after Login.
- Subscribe. Select Profile from the main menu then select Extended Tools Subscription from the Profile page index at top. Click the Subscribe button. Scroll down and estimate your weekly OBX/RXA message count. Read and Accept the Subscription Agreement. Select a payment option and complete the dialog. When done, you will be transferred to your Profile. When status is updated with a subscription summary, the subscription is available for use.
- Staff Account. Follow-ups and report monitoring by staff. Scroll down on the Profile page and click the Update Profile button. Scroll to Staff Account and type a staff account password. Logins with the account user name and staff password will cause the service to display only features appropriate for staff. Scroll down to Save.
- Activities. PIN Investigation, Contact Tracing Follow-Up, and Reports are currently available. Follow instructions on the service web page for details about usage.
- Email List for Reports. Scroll down on the Profile page to Email List for Reports and press Update Configuration. Select to receive reports once per week or daily and which reports to send. Type recipient email addresses one per line and Save.
First configure for free services and paid services above and Login if needed.*
- Select Data Setup on the main menubar.
- Review the "Provider Name (Provider Code) - Organization Name" and confirm they will be recognized by patients. Organization name is what appears in the Profile. If not, choose appropriate names and update your workflow accordingly.
- Collaborate with group members and exchange account credentials (Provider Code, Provider Name, and Private Key), obtain source IP addresses if known, and use the PPT HL7 Guide to confirm each member is able to send to PPT.
- Deselect patient permission in Profile unless all group members have such permissions.
- If the group represents 100% of testing providers within a geographic area (excluding home testing), give the covered area a well known label and use one of the map tools to create a polygon. Record the coordinates and use a text editer to edit them latitude first then longitude. Paste into the Polygon text box.
- The covered area now has a free virus location and proximity alert web service.
- When the pandemic has ended, use your PayPal account to cancel your subscription. PPT will be notified automatically and update accordingly.
*Note: Follow-ups cannot be performed segmented by testing provider group member.
Rate This Content
Content answered your questions?